BCA Spring Meeting 2015
All you need to construct these models for yourself is a computer and a printer. There are several different kinds:
- Download a PDF of some plans of basic shapes including: cube, octahedron, trucated octahedron, interpenetrating cubes and more.
- Click here for an introduction to space filling shapes or here for a shape to make for yourself, a model of a garnet crystal.
- Click here for instructions for making more models; these are also space filling shapes, include examples of all 7 of the crystal classes, and how to make the shapes either closed or as boxes with an opening side.
- A Platonic mobile. Download complete instructions for making a mobile showing all the Platonic solids, from here as a PDF file.
- Calcite makes an interesting Christmas tree decoration